H.S.S.P FPD relies upon our dedicated volunteer members, who are willing to commit the time necessary to cover the number of diverse emergency calls we receive. In fact, we are made up by 100% volunteers. We respond to structure fires, automobile collisions, hazardous materials incidents, wild land fires, fire alarms, medical assists, and public assistance calls. This variety of calls provides you with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the field of Fire and Emergency Services, while providing a valuable service to the local community.
Volunteer Firefighter Benefits
• Training provided-no experience necessary.
• Turn-out gear provided.
• Access to work-out facilities at station 1
• Pension and Insurance Benefits including Life Insurance, Workman’s Comp
• Certification classes for Hazardous Material Operations, Firefighter I Certification, and Driver/Engineer Classes. (see below) You will remain probationary until you reach FF 1 State certification and maintain required training hours
• In state training opportunities
We require Wildland certification (S-130/190) within 3 months.
Colorado State Firefighter 1 within the first 2 years
Colorado State Firefighter 2 within in 3 years
MUST LIVE IN OR WITHIN 15 MINUTES OF HOT SULPHUR SPRINGS PARSHALL FIRE PROTECTIONS DISTRICT STATIONS
All men are created equal, then a few become firemen. ~ Anonymous